Stranded: Alien Dawn - Update v1.21.231212
A new patch for Stranded: Alien Dawn has just landed on Steam. Thank you again for all your feedback and suggestions since launch.
Keep on reading for the full changelog:
- Fixed a rare case when a survivor couldn't dismantle or pick up an item.
- Fixed cases when relaxation routines would not provide survivors with relaxation or happiness buffs.
- Fixed issues preventing survivors from healing animals that were tamed after getting injured or ill.
- Fixed a rare case in which survivors could get stuck outside the map/world.
- Fixed a rare case where a survivor would not board the rescue pod in the Crash Landing scenario.
- Fixed an issue where a crafting station remained reserved for a survivor, but that survivor is no longer present.
- Improvements to the logic for units using surgical automatons.
- Various adjustments to survivors' pathfinding.
- Improved access points logic for construction and scavenging sites.
- Adjusted structures for the visibility of items such as ceiling lamps for multistorey buildings.
- Furniture can now be placed in front of windows.
- Fortifications, gates, fence doors, and fence gates now snap onto corners or to the centre of tiles in the same way as fences.
- After upgrading a tower, its roof is also upgraded.
- General updates to logic and interface to mitigate instances of devices being wrongly disconnected from the power grid, after they have been moved or upgraded.
- Fixed a case where after upgrading a normal roof to a solar roof, the solar roof would not produce power.
- Adjusted the consistency of requirements for support strength when building and upgrading.
- Removed the ability to place doors leading to a staircase when the wall isn't tall enough for the door.
- Fixed instances where ladders would sometimes exhibit problems due to overlapping roofs.
- Fixed cases where survivors couldn't access construction sites, due to being blocked by a staircase.
- Fixed logic which allowed players to build flooring over a ladder, so survivors will no longer clip through the flooring while climbing.
- Fixed various placement and access issues when building ceilings and roofs.
- Survivors now fall from stairs if those stairs are destroyed.
- Balconies are now destroyed when the wall which they are built upon is destroyed.
- Balconies can now be constructed from the side if they are obstructed below.
- Balconies will now shield stairs beneath them from snow.
- It is now possible to change the size of the target area when using the missile barrage with a Mech.
- Mechs can no longer leap into shelters.
- Aerial-based hostile units check on each step if they are still outside rooms to avoid situations in which they attack units that are inside.
- Laser pikes and swords now deal piercing damage as well as energy damage, and these energy weapons are now more effective against living targets, having been previously only more effective against robots and structures.
Robots and Guardians Scenario
- Hope will no longer experience meltdowns when the "Cognitive stabilizers" trait is enabled.
- Hope no longer spawns with a Railgun Sniper when playing with the "Random Survivors" rule enabled, due to being a pacifist.
- Hope's body parts are more accurately highlighted in the Health panel after sustaining injuries.
- Fixed an issue where Hope attaining full intellect could sometimes block the resolution of Guardians scenario.
- Henry Caldwell can now avoid some attacks due to his "Close combat specialist" trait.
- Service robots will now run towards distant activity targets.
- Fixed the "Hunter without ranged weapon" notification that would sometimes appear for Harvest bots.
- Battle drones are now able to attack flying enemies such as hummingflies.
- Fixed rare cases when hostile robots would not attack after landing and/or would flee instead of engaging.
- Adjusted Robot Attacks AI.
- Androids are now broken into separate parts upon death.
GUI/Text & Controls
- Added "Scavenge" to the Orders menu.
- Devices pending construction are no longer categorised as being affected by disasters such as solar flares.
- Unfinished items are no longer counted towards finished resources in various notifications.
- Added "show/hide upper floors" option to toggle outlines.
- Streamlined the GUI for roof types within the roof and room construction info panels. Room roofs are on the first row, single roofs are on the second row.
- Added option for Flat roof (ceiling only) construction roofs and rooms.
- Added a direct order to robot stations, providing the ability to rebuild the robot when destroyed.
- The direct order list no longer includes objects from other floors, nor any objects from a different room.
- Fixed the case in which the "resources unavailable" error would prevent the player from using direct orders to construct a device placed while the game was paused.
- Adjusted the promptness of feedback which marks a plant for harvesting after it's fully grown.
- Added option to disable Enemy combat UI, making for a less busy view if set to 'Off'.
- Fixed a case that could result in the "Lead" action for tamed animals failing to render the direction line.
- Fixed the pre-game survivors selector and dialogue being cut off on the right when using lower resolutions and a higher UI Scale.
- PC, PS5 and XBOX Series X|S - Added option for a striped line of sight area visualisation, which is now the default. The original squares visualisation is still available as an option.
- PS4 & XBOX One - Options for UI Scale and Brightness are added to the Video settings.
- Added information for resource output when deconstructing a device and using a controller.
- PC - Implemented a shortcut key [C] to cancel construction.
- Fix for various cases in which a tutorial task would be repeated or not displayed at all.
- Adjusted tutorials to complete even if their tasks aren’t executed in the exact order anticipated by the underlying design.
- Fixed cases in which fields would not be fertilised by either survivors or harvest bots.
- Solar eclipses and other disasters now affect solar roofs.
- Snow is now correctly depicted on the tops of roofs.
- Added frames to Photo mode.
- If a survivor is operating a combat mech and Spaceship debris lands in their vicinity, the survivor can now be injured so long as the mech is not protecting them at the time.
- PC - Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the game from saving.
- Steam Deck - Removed "Take Screenshot" button from Photo mode as there is built-in functionality for this via (STEAM+R1).
- Steam Deck - Updated the default Video Preset.
- Additional optimisation, stability, and adjustment of animations.
PC/Steam Mod Tools
- The in-game research dialogue now supports horizontal scrolling for cases in which mods add new research groups.
- The in-game Mod manager now has an option to sort mods by "author".
- The Mod manager search bar now updates the list upon text change if not using a gamepad.
- The Mod editor window now shows the title of the opened mod.
- Fixed cases in the Mod editor where the "Import" button/process sometimes failed to import assets.
- The ADD button in the Mod editor no longer overlaps the scrollbar.
- The scenario tag is updated to include scenarios from other mods.
- Added `Msg(ApplyModOptions)` when loading mod options, to fix the issue where CurrentModOptions are not available.
- Mod items are now loaded during initial Lua loading.
- Renamed Android class to HumanoidRobot, and renamed AndroidStation class to HumanoidRobotStation.
- Added Msg "ModUnloadLua" which is triggered when a mod that includes code is being disabled.
- Fixed disappearing translated texts when saving mods.
- Mod descriptions now support Steam-specific formatting when displayed in-game.