Stranded: Alien Dawn - Update v0.40.230227
The Mod Tools and Steam Workshop Update is available now for Stranded: Alien Dawn!
Starting today, you will be able to create and share mods using a set of specially designed tools. From adding new survivors, to creating new game rules or even adding entirely new items to the game, we can't wait to see what you come up with.
To get you started and inspired, we've added several example mods by 'Haemimont Games' to the Steam Workshop to help demonstrate a few ideas of how mods can be structured and how the mod editor works.
As always, we're incredibly grateful for our wonderful community and all the feedback and suggestions you give us. Please continue to share your feedback in spaces such as the in-game report, the issue tracker and of course, the official discord server!
Read on for the full patch notes:
Key new features / content
- Mod Tools - The Mod Editor is a powerful companion application that can be used to create, edit, develop and test mods. When they are ready to share, the Mod Editor can also be used to upload mods to the Steam Workshop.
- Steam Workshop - Visit the Steam Workshop to see available Mods and subscribe to any that you want to try.
For the best experience, we recommend starting a new game when introducing new mods.
Mods are player created software packages, not designed by the team at Frontier or Haemimont unless explicitly stated. Please take care when installing any mods as they may introduce potential compatibility issues.
- Several adjustments to behaviour and activity priorities, including the following:
- Survivors now rescue other survivors with higher priority
- Eating and sleeping no longer cancel the survivor's queue of tasks, unless hunger is very high
- Survivors prioritise looking for relaxation more often and will relax for longer
- Survivors no longer deliver excessive resources to construction sites
- Surviviors will now prioritise other relaxation methods over 'Taking a walk' and 'Sitting'
- 'Taking a walk' now takes less time
- Adjusted the effect of the intellect skill on field observation duration
- Adjusted the effect of the crafting skill on tailoring speed
- Increased duration of relaxation pleasures for survivor happiness by 8 hours
- Added a new direct order to haul resources from a storage/device that is not allowed to store specific resources
- The direct order for hauling can be executed, even if the target stockpile/storage device is reserved by another survivor
- Increased duration of the "Survivor determination" happiness factor by 50%
- Fleeing survivors will now attempt to hide in rooms
- Added ability to enable survivors to fight back attackers instead of flee when undrafted. This can be found in the 'restrictions' tab for each survivor
Building / Construction & Devices
- Enabled the placement of Fence gates and fortification gates on floors
- Enabled placement of traps on floors that have flooring tiles
- Fire from the Flamethrowers lights up the nearby area so 'miss (too dark)' no longer occurs if the applicable target is engulfed in flames
- The beams from orbital antennas now all lock-on to the same target
- Decreased wardrobe storage space from 25 to 15 and Large wardrobe storage space from 50 to 30
Animals, Taming & Training
- Increased duration of the Pacified health condition from 9-12 hours to 15 hours
- Stunned animals are no longer a valid target for healing
- Gujos and Tecatlis are less aggressive and now set out to hunt and kill just a single target when hungry
- Decreased number of insects in each attack waves. Fewer but stronger units are now spawned
- Halved the amount of food that animals consume on daily basis
- Training animals now increases their critical hit chance and rate of attack
- Dogs are now able to reproduce, regardless of breed
- Shrieker broodmothers are now able to reproduce with male Shriekers
- Newborn tamed animals do not become significantly larger than their wild versions when fully grown
- Newborn animals are now taken into account for the "The master of the herd" achievement
Research & Resources
- Observing chew root now unlocks the ability to research chew root oil. This in-turn enables vegetable oil to be extracted from chew root via an oil press
- Soil quality is now assessed over a larger area, taking into account the size of each specific plant type
Quality Of Life & GUI
- Added the ability to reconstruct structures so that the material used can be changed. This is now available as an option instead of fully deconstructing and building a replacement
- Added the ability to mirror tasks set to be completed at Campfires and Production devices to another device of the same type. To do this, select the device that you wish to mirror tasks to, select Mirror, and then select the device that you wish to mirror tasks from
- Assigned key 8 as shortcut to display the "Tamed animals" GUI
- The overlay/highlight for tamed animals no longer attaches the species icon to each tamed animal, and instead just outlines them
- Added specific build menu icons for the different beds
- 'Gunshot' wounds no longer report 'Stab (treated)' during healing
- Blood is no longer applied to targets hit during fist fights, snowball fights or animals hit with pacifier darts.
- Manure now visibly decays
- Adjusted lightning strike visual effects